5. Can I bring the Power Magic Ultra Battery on a plane?
Yes, in carry-on luggage, in theory. But since batteries can be sensitive items to bring on an airplane, check with your local operator to be on the safe side. According to the IATA (International Air Transport Association) spare batteries under 100Wh can be carried on a plane in carry-on luggage–NOT in checked luggage–like most lithium batteries, without requiring the operator’s approval.
B-124X Power Magic Ultra Battery
B-124X Model is the upgraded version of the B-124 Ultra Battery and it comes with a USB port and 24V electrical system support.
B-124X At a Glance
LED Indicators and Beeps
Charges while driving. Powers your dashcam while parked.
- Approximately 25 hours 35 mins (28 hours for B-124 model) of power from 40 minutes of charging (based on a dashcam that uses 3W and a hardwired installation).
- Compatible with 2 installation methods:
- DIY installation – standard cigarette lighter socket and plug (standard 5A charging); or
- Hardwired installation – standard cigarette lighter socket and hardwiring cable (rapid 9A charging)
- Easily double usage time by plugging in an Expansion Battery (sold separately)
- Configure settings via Bluetooth using the companion smartphone app
- Compatible with both car (12V) and heavy vehicle (24V) electrical systems (12V only for B-124 model)
- Battery protection circuitry for increased safety and extended battery life.
- Simultaneously charge your Ultra Battery and power your dashcam while driving.
- Power output automatically switches to draw power from the Ultra Battery when the engine is off.
- Battery cycle life: Rated for 1,500 full charge/recharge cycles before battery capacity falls under 80% of its original capacity.
- High temperature cut-off function shuts down the battery if the internal temperature reaches 80 °C (176 °F).
- When switched OFF the Ultra Battery retains its charge for more than 1 year.
- [For B-124X model only] 1 USB port (5V) allows you to simultaneously charge another device (smartphone, mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, etc.) while powering the dashcam
* For B-124 Model, 24V system is not supported. The battery can be used up to 28 hours based on a single dashcam that consumes 3W. The storage temperature is between 10 degree C to 60 degree C (14 degree Fahrenheit to 140 degree Fahrenheit). And it does not have a USB port
Power Magic Expansion Battery B-124E (sold separately)
Easily double usage time by plugging in a Power Magic Expansion Battery B-124E (6,600 mAh / 84.5 Wh).
When the Ultra Battery and 1 Expansion Battery are fully charged they can supply power for approximately 53 hours 45 mins in total (based on a single dashcam that consumes 3 W). Charging time is approximately 2 hour 30 mins (Cigarette lighter plug) / 1 hour 20 mins
When you add 1 or more expansion batteries please adjust the total available battery capacity using the BlackVue Battery manager app.
Multiple expansion batteries can be connected together in sequence to extend usage time even further. Please note charging time will also increase accordingly.