What is GPS Tracking?
BlackVue Fleet Tracking, a fleet GPS/video tracking service based on BlackVue Over the Cloud, is a feature that allows you to monitor and manage your fleet remotely. You can now easily select a date range in the calendar window, and routes within the date range selected will automatically be loaded. From the listed routes, you can choose the routes you want to display on the map. Detailed tracking logs will be displayed for each segmented section of the route - showing detailed GPS data.
GPS Tracking Feature(Smart and Fleet Plan)
|Smart Plan||Fleet Plan|
|GPS Tracking||7 days (Mobile APP ONLY)||90 days|
|Video on Map*||X||O|
* What is "Video on Map"?
Whenever an event video is uploaded to the Cloud (Auto or manual upload), it can be accessed via the map. The data logs with videos associated are highlighted on the map so you can view them easily. If you click on any log on the map, a popup opens to show info related to that specific data point. In case a video is associated with that data point, a thumbnail and play button will appear in the popup. By clicking the thumbnail, you can play the video instantly.
How are routes generated?
Routes are trips auto-generated from the tracking logs. The software is able to recognize what looks like a single trip based on the GPS data and timestamp. Doing so arranges the GPS data into routes that you can expand and collapse to reveal all their detailed coordinates.
The following factors determine how routes are generated:
- GPS / Cloud connection interruption: GPS data is grouped in a single route as long as the Cloud and GPS connectivity is maintained over a period of 30 minutes. If no Cloud or GPS connectivity is detected for over 30 minutes, a new route is created. For example, you could be driving in an area with no GPS connectivity for several minutes. If GPS connectivity resumes before 30 minutes, the route will represent the portion with missing GPS data as a dotted line and continue logging data under the same route. If GPS connectivity resumes after over 30 minutes, a new route will be created.
- Parking Mode session: if the dashcam remains in Parking Mode for 4 hours or more, the Parking Mode-related data will be stored under the first route. Upon exiting Parking Mode, a new route will be created.
- Power off: when the dashcam powers down, the current route ends. A new route will be created when the dashcam powers back up.
- 24 hours: after 24 consecutive hours of tracking, the current route will end and a new route will be created.
How to use GPS Tracking
1. Tap any camera to find out about its GPS tracking data. Then, tap the "GPS tracking" button. The app will display the most recent route by default.
- Compatibility: DR770X, DR970X, DR770X-2CH LTE, DR970X-2CH LTE, DR770X-BOX, X Plus models
- For models before the X Plus series (e.g. X Series, S Series, etc.)
2. Tap the icon to select a range or multiple dates.
3. Each date may contain multiple driving routes. By default, you will be able to select a range of dates. If you tap the icon on the right top, you will be able to pick multiple dates separately. And the button will change to this icon. Tap the icon again to select a range of dates.
4. Select the routes you would like to view GPS data on the map.
5. Tap to see the tracking logs. Each alphabet represents a route selected during the filtered period. The most recent route is A0. If you tap the icon, you will see all the recordings of both normal and event. Tap to see playback and to download the video.
Definition of GPS Tracking Icons
|Impact Event||Driving impact|
|Parking Event||Parking impact|