Note: The DR750S and DR590W Series introduces unique Wi-Fi passwords instead of the default “blackvue” password.
The password is printed on the label , which can be checked by removing the dashcam from its mount.
Reset the dashcam's Wi-Fi SSID / password to default using Wi-Fi button on the dashcam (DR900S, DR750S and DR590W only):
1. Turn on the dashcam until it fully boots up and says "Starting Normal Recording"
2. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button until the beep.
3. After the voice prompt, press the button once to reset the Wi-Fi credentials to default.
Change the dashcam's Wi-Fi SSID / password using BlackVue PC Viewer (Windows or Mac):
1. Turn off the dashcam and remove the microSD card from it.
2. Insert the card into the microSD card reader and connect it to a computer.
3. Run the BlackVue Viewer program.
4. In BlackVue Viewer go to Settings (Windows) / Windows Viewer-> Preferences (Mac) to access the settings panel.
5. Click the Wi-Fi tab and under Login credentials change the password.
* The dashcam's Wi-Fi password is case sensitive which means that upper case " A " and lower case " a " are considered different letters.
* If you click on "Reset" , the password will be changed to default password: blackvue(For DR650S/GW) and unique password for DR750S and DR590 series.
6. Click Save & Close.
Change the dashcam's Wi-Fi SSID / password over the Cloud:
*Please make sure that dashcam and the smartphone are connected to the internet (Wi-Fi hotspot)
1. Login to the BlackVue app.
2. Select BLACKVUE CLOUD.
3. Go to Camera settings > Firmware settings > Wi-Fi settings > Login credentials.
You can change the camera’s SSID and Wi-Fi login password.