Follow the below steps and try connecting the dashcam after each step to check if it solves the issue.
- 1. Turn-off the cellular data network (3G- LTE) of your phone and try to connect to direct Wi-fi.
- Turn on the Location in the app settings of your phone and try to connect.
- If you are using an Android phone, turn off "Smart Network switch"on your phone.
If you are using an iPhone, turn off "Wifi Assist".
- Erase the stored information of the dashcam's Wi-Fi in your smartphone's Wi-Fi settings:
-Android: press and hold the dashcam's Wi-Fi SSID and when the pop-up appears, click on
-IOS: Click on the info icon and then click on "Forget this Network".
- Turn off the Wi-Fi of your smartphone. Also, turn OFF the dashcam's Wi-Fi by pressing the Wi-Fi button on the side of the dashcam, wait for 10~15 seconds and press the button once again to turn it back on. Now turn on your smartphone's Wi-Fi and try to connect to the dashcam.
- If above doesn't solve the issue, Reset the dashcam's Wi-Fi password or upgrade the dashcam's firmware and try again.
* Please note that the dashcam's Wi-Fi password is case sensitive, which means that same upper case and lower case letters are different. For example, " A " and " a " are considered different letters.
- Sometimes, a particular smartphone may fail to connect to the dashcam's Wi-Fi. If possible, try to connect to the dashcam's Wi-Fi by using another smartphone and send us the model number and OS version of the smartphone that can't be connected to the dashcam's Wi-Fi.
- To connect your smartphone to the BlackVue dashcam's Wi-Fi, stay near the dashcam (the distance between the dashcam and the smartphone should not be more than 10m [32 ft])
- Check if the Wi-Fi LED on the dashcam is ON or blinking. If it isn't, press the Wi-Fi button to turn it ON or restart the dashcam.
- The dashcam’s Wi-Fi SSID should appear almost instantly in the Wi-Fi networks menu of the smartphone when the dashcam boots up or when turned on by pressing the Wi-Fi button. However, in order to establish a connection successfully, it is recommended to wait for 15~20 seconds to let the Wi-Fi set up properly.
Only one phone or tablet can be connected to a BlackVue dashcam at a time. For this reason, make sure that the dashcam is not connected to any other device when you are trying to connect to it.