- DR430-2CH, DR450-1CH, DR470-2CH (with external GPS module connected ) DR650S and 650GW series dashcams with latest firmware installed reboot to save the GPS time on the RTC (Real Time Clock) of the dashcam. The dashcam gives "Resetting the time" before it reboots. If this happens often, please proceed RMA service for RTC replacement/repair.
- If you are using a third party microSD card in BlackVue dashcam, it can cause the dashcam to reboot randomly. You can try to troubleshoot the issue by formatting the microSD card, or updating the firmware . But if the issue recurs, we recommend using a BlackVue microSD card. [How to buy the BlackVue microSD card]
- In case you are using a BlackVue microSD card but the dashcam reboots randomly, format the microSD card, or update the firmware and insert it in the dashcam.
If the issue recurs with the BlackVue microSD card even after formatting it / firmware upgrade, please send us the following details at firstname.lastname@example.org for further examination of the issue:
1."Config" and "System" folders from the " BlackVue" folder inside the microSD card.
(To get them, turn off the dashcam --> take out the microSD card --> connect it to your computer using the microSD card reader --> open the microSD card drive --> open "BlackVue" folder -->from there, zip the "Config" and "System" folders only and attach them to the email.)
2. The most recent date when the restarting issue occurred.
3. The microSD card model and storage capacity.
4. How long have you been using the microSD card?
*It is recommended to format the microSD card at least once a month to avoid any operational issues related to the microSD card.
*If you are using an microSD card for more than six months, it is recommended to get a new one.
-The BlackVue microSD cards have a six month warranty period. You can contact the seller for the replacement of the faulty BlackVue microSD card within the warranty period.
*The main requirement (aside from the microSD card being Class 10) is that the microSD card must be formatted as FAT 32 [windows] or MS-DOS (FAT) [mac]. We highly recommend using BlackVue microSD cards for optimal performance. The reason for it is that dashcams put microSD cards under higher stress than most electronic products such as action cameras or DSLRs due to their constant recording. We test our cards extensively before selecting them for inclusion in our products, to make sure that their performance is good and degrades as little as possible over time. We cannot guarantee the perfect performance of cards from other manufacturers, as even cards with the same specifications may vary from batch to batch. Especially the SanDisk microSD cards, which show more restarting and stability issues in BlackVue dashcams.