When the Cloud service is enabled the Wi-Fi auto settings cannot be adjusted. Wi-Fi will automatically switch on when you turn on the dashcam and remain on. You can change the settings as follows:
Using BlackVue App:
If you don’t use the Cloud service, you can adjust the Wi-Fi auto settings.
1. Go to your smartphone’s Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your dashcam.
2. Open the BlackVue app. Select BLACKVUE WI-FI > Settings > Cloud settings.
3. Turn Enable Cloud Service off (This is unlocked the wifi settings).
4. Go back to the Firmware settings menu, select Wi-Fi settings.
5. Adjust Wi-fi auto turn off to off (disable)
6. Go back to Firmware settings until Save and Close option appears.
Using BlackVue Viewer:
1. Remove the microSD card from the dashcam.
2. Insert the card into the microSD card reader and connect it to a computer.
3. Run the BlackVue Viewer program.
4. In BlackVue Viewer Go to Settings (Windows) / BlackVue Viewer-> Preferences (Mac) to access the settings panel.
5. Click on Cloud Settings tab and under Enable Cloud Service, choose Off.
6. Click the Wi-Fi & Other tab and and adjust the desired Wi-Fi auto settings.
7. Click Save & Close.