In the tutorial video below, learn how to upgrade the firmware of your Wi-Fi-enabled BlackVue dashcam with the BlackVue app for iOS/Android.
Note: The app name has been changed from " BlackVue C" to "BlackVue"
- Open the latest BlackVue app.
- Go to “Firmware download” menu.
- Choose your dashcam’s model number and firmware language and press OK. ( The firmware language that you choose must be the same as the default firmware language.)
- Once the firmware download is completed, turn ON the Wi-Fi of your dashcam (Wi-Fi LED should be blinking or ON), next, go to Wi-Fi settings of your smartphone and connect to the dashcam’s Wi-Fi.
- Open BlackVue app -> BLACKVUE WI-FI -> Camera Settings (Gear Icon) -> Firmware upgrade.*The firmware will be transferred from your smartphone to the dashcam, so place the smartphone as close as possible to the dashcam to avoid any interruption while transferring the file.
- After the firmware transfer is completed, the dashcam will reboot and update the firmware.