Upgrading the firmware using a computer (Windows/macOS)
Keep your BlackVue dashcam updated by upgrading the firmware to the latest version. Visit the BlackVue website (www.blackvue.com) to check for any new firmware releases for your BlackVue dashcam model.
(NOTE: All BlackVue models follow this method of firmware upgrade)
1. Insert the microSD card into the microSD card reader.
2. Connect the microSD card reader to a computer.
3. Launch BlackVue Viewer.
4. Select SD Card Viewer and click on the About button.
• For Mac users, click and select About BlackVue from the menu.
5. Check the current firmware version of your BlackVue dashcam and proceed only if your version is not the latest one.
6. Format the microSD card.
7. Go to the BlackVue website (www.blackvue.com > Support > Download) and download the latest firmware for your BlackVue dashcam model in zip format.
8. Unzip the downloaded file and copy the BlackVue folder to the microSD card.
9. Insert the microSD card into the dashcam and connect the power to initiate the firmware upgrade. Make sure the power remains on until the upgrade is completed. Any power interruption may prevent the firmware upgrade from completing, resulting in malfunction.
• Do not insert or remove the microSD card when the dashcam is turned on. Doing so may damage the data and cause a malfunction of the microSD card.
• Your saved settings are not affected by firmware upgrade.
• The firmware is upgraded to the previously saved language.