The SSID of the DR900 Series dashcam is not being broadcasted on some Android devices. The reason for this issue is that although the camera has 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi bandwidth, in the current firmware settings the dashcam only broadcasts 5G, so if your phone doesn't support the 5Ghz network, the SSID won't appear in the settings. This modification (dual-band WiFi) has been on the scene since version 1.003.
You can change the WiFi band frequency of your camera to connect it via Direct WiFi to your phone.
Using the mobile phone via BlackVue Cloud App:
- Search for the camera's WiFi/SSID in the WiFi list of your phone's settings.
- Click Connect to camera.
- Click the gear icon
- Choose Firmware settings
- Go to Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi band > Choose 2.4Ghz
After making any changes, go back to the Firmware settings menu, tap and tap Save and close.
Using the Blackvue PC Viewer or Mac Viewer:
1. Turn off the dashcam and remove the microSD card.
2. Insert the card into the microSD card reader and connect it to a computer.
3. Run the BlackVue Viewer program.
4. In BlackVue Viewer go to Settings (Windows) / Windows Viewer-> Preferences (Mac) to access the settings panel.
5. Click the Wi-Fi tab and choose 2.4Ghz under Wi-Fi band.
6. Click Save & Close.