SIM Activation Guide
Prepare before starting
Find connectivity details
1. Remove the front dashcam from its mount, with the label visible.
How to connect to CLOUD over LTE
Create a BlackVue account
1. Search for the BlackVue app in the Google Play Store or App Store and install it on your
2. Open the BlackVue app.
3. Tap menu in the upper left corner of the home screen.
4. Tap Log in.
5. Enter your e-mail and password if you have an account, otherwise tap Sign up to create an account.
6. Read the Terms & Policies and check the box to agree. Fill out your information and press Sign up to continue.
7. Check your e-mail for the confirmation link from Pittasoft. Click the link to confirm your e-mail address. Your BlackVue account setup is now complete.
Register your dashcam with your account
1. In the BlackVue app, select Cloud and login to your account.
2. Press + and then select
3. Tap Yes to receive push notification (this setting can be adjusted at any time later).
4. Register your camera using one of the following methods (Check connectivity details).
Scan the QR code: Scan QR Code and line up the QR Code on your smartphone screen.
Add camera manually: Enter your camera’s Serial number, Cloud code and press Add camera.
5. The app will ask for your permission to access your dashcam’s GPS data. If you allow access the app will be able to show your dashcam’s location and speed. If you don’t allow access you won’t be able to see your dashcam’s location and speed (you can allow access later in Privacy settings).
6. To use the Cloud service, the app will ask if you inserted a SIM card.
7. Once all done, your dashcam registration is complete.
SIM activation process
*** To remove the front camera from bracket, and open SIM slot with SIM eject tool and insert the SIM card.
A. Connect to your dashcam via Wi-Fi direct
1. Wi-Fi direct will automatically turn on once you plug in power to start your dashcam.
2. “Pair” your smartphone with the BlackVue dashcam via Wi-Fi direct. If you want to disconnect Wi-Fi direct, please press Wi-Fi button and vice versa.
3. Go to your smartphone’s settings then select Wi-Fi, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on. Choose your BlackVue dashcam from the network list. The dashcam’s default SSID begins with its model number (e.g. BlackVue ****-******).
4. Enter the password and tap join. The default Wi-Fi SSID and password are printed on the dashcam’s label. (Check connectivity details).
B. Activate the SIM Card
1. Open the BlackVue app and select Wi-Fi ➔ SIM card activation
- SIM card activation after parking mode may require 20 seconds to retrieve SIM information.
- You can purchase a SIM card from a local carrier’s offline store or online website.
2. In order to set APN automatically, click icon to get the network carrier list. If you select your network carrier, APN setting information will auto-fill in the SIM card activation page.
3. If there is no network carrier that you want to use in the network carrier page, please select “Other network carrier”. You can manually set APN by filling in the APN information.
Once the settings are saved, the dashcam should connect to Cloud within few seconds.
If dashcam fails to connect to Cloud, please check the APN settings or contact customer support.
Now you can go to BlackVue app > Cloud and start using Cloud service features such as Remote Live View and Video Playback, Real-time Location, Auto-upload, Remote Firmware Update, and etc.
*** If your SIM card is PIN or PUK locked, enter its code as provided in your SIM card
- Three consecutive incorrect password attempts may engage PUK mode.
- Ten consecutive incorrect PUK code attempts may block SIM card. If you
require assistance, please contact the network carrier.
- Incorrect APN setting or non-suggested carrier’s APN setting may lead to failure to connect to LTE network.
- Some Cloud features may not work when surrounding temperature is high and/ or LTE speed is slow.
- For detailed information regarding BlackVue Cloud Service, please visit our