Close-range access and/or modifications of BlackVue recordings and settings can be done via the WiFi function. BlackVue cameras have designated WiFi passwords that can be changed for safer camera access. The video on How to Change the WiFi Password is available below.
1. In your phone's Setting menu, turn on WiFi.
2. Choose your BlackVue dashcam from the network list. The dashcam's default SSID begins with BlackVue or its model (e.g. DR900S-******).
3. Open the BlackVue app.
4. Select WiFi > . Then go to Firmware settings >WiFi.
5. Select Login credentials. You can change the camera's network names (SSID) and WiFi password.
6. After changing the time settings, go back to the Firmware settings menu, tap < , then tap Save.
***The new settings will be uploaded to your BlackVue and the dashcam will restart to apply them.