Older camera models may not have the same settings as the information available is based on the latest camera model releases. Ignore settings for the rear camera if you own a single-channel (1CH camera model).
When turned off the dashcam does not record in normal mode.
Parking mode recording
If enabled, the dashcam switches from normal mode to parking mode when the vehicle is turned off (ACC+) or stationary for 5 minutes (G-Sensor). There are two parking mode options. Choose “Motion & Impact detection” to save a parking recording when motion is detected in the dashcam’s field of view. If the G-sensor detects an impact/bump the dashcam saves a separate event recording file.
Alternatively, if you choose “Time lapse” the camera continuously records 1 frame per second and saves recordings that playback at 30 times normal speed. If the G-sensor detects an impact/bump the camera saves a separate event recording file at normal speed.
*Time Lapse Parking Recording mode is supported by DR750 Series (S, X, LTE) and DR900 Series (S, X) only.
Rear camera recording in Parking Mode (Only for DR900S, DR590X, DR750X, DR900X, and DR750-2CH LTE)
When turned off, the rear camera stops recording five minutes after entering parking mode. Recording restarts when entering normal mode.
When turned off the dashcam does not record audio.
GPS location recording
GPS location recording is able to protect your privacy. GPS location recording is on by default. When it is off, the GPS location is not recorded or sent to the cloud server. Therefore, your privacy will be protected. Turning it off will not disable some convenient features such as time correction, speed display, and other speed-related events. Find the features that will be affected by turning it off.
- Liveview: Under the live view, you will see a message letting you know GPS location recording is off over the map. (GPS location recording off)
- Camera list (Map view): The vehicle’s location will not show on the map.
- Video playback: Under the live view, you will see a message letting you know the GPS location recording is off over the map.
- GPS Tracking: The server will not save tracking data.
- Geo-Fencing: No alerts will occur, hence a live event upload file will not be created.
- Drive report: Location-related information will not be shown.
- Live even upload: Under the video player, you will see a message letting you know GPS location recording is off over the map. (GPS location recording off)
- GPS time correction: It is not affected by either turning it on or off.
- Speed-related events (acceleration, harsh braking, overspeed, and sharp turn) and speed: It is not affected by either turning it on or off.
Date & time display
Turn on/off the date and time display on videos.
Select km/h, MPH, or turn off.
Video segment length
Video segment length is fixed at 1 minute.
A few older camera models and firmware support two- and three-segment video recording options.
Lock event files
Turning on this option will lock the following recording types and stop them from being overwritten by newer recordings:
– Impact event recordings during normal and parking mode (E); and
– Manual recordings (M).
A maximum of 50 files can be locked. Once this limit is reached, to lock new recordings please review locked files on the microSD card and free up space, or enable ‘Overwrite locked files with new event files when storage is full’ to allow the oldest locked files to be overwritten.
* This feature is only available for DR750 Series (S, X, LTE) and DR900 Series (S, X) only.
Front camera rotation
If you installed the front camera in a flipped position, use this setting to rotate the front camera image 180°.
Rear camera orientation
Use this setting to rotate the rear camera image 180° or mirror the video.