At this point, you may already have created a BlackVue Cloud account and added your X/X Plus model camera to this account. Now, to activate the Cloud function, you need to activate the SIM card inserted in the CM100 LTE Connectivity module.
SIM activation process
Unscrew the bolt that locks the SIM slot cover on the connectivity module. Remove the cover, and unmount the SIM slot using the SIM eject tool. Insert the SIM card into the slot.
Connect the front camera (USB port) and the connectivity module cable (USB).
How to connect to Cloud over LTE
A. Create a BlackVue account
1. Search for the BlackVue app in the Google Play Store or App Store and install it on your
2. Open the BlackVue app.
3. Tap the menu (3 horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the home screen.
4. Tap Log in.
5. Enter your e-mail and password if you have an account, otherwise tap Sign up to
create an account.
6. Read the Terms & Policies and check the box to agree. Fill out your information and
press Sign up to continue.
7. Check your e-mail for the confirmation link from Pittasoft. Click the link to confirm
your e-mail address. Your BlackVue account setup is now complete.
B. Register your dashcam to your account
1. In the BlackVue app, select Connect to Cloud and log in to your account.
2. Tap Yes to receive push notifications (this setting can be adjusted at any time later)
3. Register your camera using one of the following methods.
(i) Register your camera via Bluetooth.
Bluetooth connection: Tap + and register your camera following the below image.
4. The app will ask for your permission to access your dashcam’s GPS data.
If you allow access the app will be able to show your dashcam’s location and speed.
If you don’t allow access you won’t be able to see your dashcam’s location and
speed (you can allow access later in Privacy settings).
Once the settings are saved, the dashcam should connect to Cloud within a few seconds.
If the dashcam fails to connect to Cloud, please check the APN settings or contact customer support.
Now you can go to BlackVue app > Cloud and start using Cloud service features such as Remote Live View and Video Playback, Real-time Location, Auto-upload, Remote Firmware Update, etc.
Or you may register your camera manually using one of the following methods (Check connectivity details). Scan the QR code: Scan QR Code and line up the QR Code on your smartphone screen.
Add camera manually: Enter your camera’s Serial number, and Cloud code, then press Add camera.
C. SIM activation process
- To activate SIM, your SIM card must be inserted into your BlackVue LTE device.
For details on how to insert your SIM, refer to the guide included in your LTE
- You can purchase a SIM card from a local carrier’s offline store or online
Activate your SIM card
1. Connect to your dashcam using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, referring to QSG (STEP 2 playback).
2. Choose Blackvue built-in LTE or connectivity module.
3. In order to set APN automatically, click the icon to get the network carrier list. If you select your network carrier, APN setting information will auto-fill in the SIM card activation page.
4. If there is no network carrier that you want to use on the network carrier page, please select “Other network carrier”. You can manually set your APN by filling in the APN information.
- SIM card activation after parking mode may require 20 seconds to retrieve SIM
information. Once the settings are saved, the dashcam should connect to Cloud within a few
seconds. If the dashcam fails to connect to Cloud, please check the APN settings or
contact customer support. Now you can go to BlackVue app > Cloud and start using Cloud service features such as Remote Live View and Video Playback, Real-time Location, Auto-upload,
Remote Firmware Update, etc.
- You can customize the cloud connection settings by going to Connect to Cloud >:> Cloud connection settings.
*** If your SIM card is PIN or PUK locked, enter its code as provided in your SIM card package.
- Three consecutive incorrect password attempts may engage PUK mode.
- Ten consecutive incorrect PUK code attempts may block the SIM card. If you require assistance, please contact the network carrier.
- Incorrect APN setting or non-suggested carrier’s APN setting may lead to failure to connect to the LTE network.
- Some Cloud features may not work when the surrounding temperature is high and/ or LTE speed is slow.
- For detailed information regarding BlackVue Cloud Service, please visit our website (www.blackvue.com).