At this point, you may already have created a BlackVue Cloud account and added your X-model camera to this account. Now, to activate the Cloud function, you need to activate the SIM card inserted in the CM100 LTE Connectivity module.
SIM activation process
Unscrew the bolt that locks the SIM slot cover on the connectivity module. Remove the cover, and unmount the SIM slot using the SIM eject tool. Insert the SIM card into the slot.
Connect the front camera (USB port) and the connectivity module cable (USB).
A. Connect to your dashcam via Wi-Fi direct
1. Wi-Fi direct will automatically turn on once you plug in power to start your dashcam.
2. “Pair” your smartphone with the BlackVue dashcam via Wi-Fi direct. If you want to disconnect Wi-Fi direct, please press the Wi-Fi button and vice versa.
3. Go to your smartphone’s settings then select Wi-Fi, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on. Choose your BlackVue dashcam from the network list. The dashcam’s default SSID begins with its model number (e.g. BlackVue ****-******).
4. Enter the password and tap join. The default Wi-Fi SSID and password are printed on the dashcam’s label. (Check connectivity details).
B. Activate the SIM Card
1. Open the BlackVue app and select Wi-Fi ➔ SIM card activation
- SIM card activation after parking mode may require 20 seconds to retrieve SIM information.
- You can purchase a SIM card from a local carrier’s offline store or online website.
2. In order to set APN automatically, click the icon to get the network carrier list. If you select your network carrier, APN setting information will auto-fill in the SIM card activation page.
3. If there is no network carrier that you want to use on the network carrier page, please select “Other network carrier”. You can manually set APN by filling in the APN information.
Once the settings are saved, the dashcam should connect to Cloud within few seconds.
If the dashcam fails to connect to Cloud, please check the APN settings or contact customer support.
Now you can go to BlackVue app > Cloud and start using Cloud service features such as Remote Live View and Video Playback, Real-time Location, Auto-upload, Remote Firmware Update, and etc.
*** If your SIM card is PIN or PUK locked, enter its code as provided in your SIM card package.
- Three consecutive incorrect password attempts may engage PUK mode.
- Ten consecutive incorrect PUK code attempts may block the SIM card. If you require assistance, please contact the network carrier.
- Incorrect APN setting or non-suggested carrier’s APN setting may lead to failure to connect to the LTE network.
- Some Cloud features may not work when the surrounding temperature is high and/ or LTE speed is slow.
- For detailed information regarding BlackVue Cloud Service, please visit our website (www.blackvue.com).