Before You Begin
Please sign up to create a BlackVue account and add your camera before you can activate your BlackVue SIM card.
Activate the BlackVue SIM card after adding a camera
1. Insert the SIM card into your compatible device.
2. Power on your device.
3. Follow the “Add Camera” process. After successfully adding a camera, you will be directed to the Cloud activation screen/page.
4. The app will ask to join the camera's network (WiFi) and then search for the SIM card. When the app detects a BlackVue SIM card, it will automatically display the ICCID number.
5. Press Continue and then check the BlackVue SIM card's 14-digit unique ICCID printed on it.
6. Basically, you will be provided with a free one-month trial of 1GB of data. On top of the free one-month trial, bonus free days will be provided (a maximum of 59 days depending on the activation date). After checking the SIM plan information, press the Next button.
7. Finally, enter your billing information and tap the Try 1-month free button to finish the activation process.
8. Click OK and you will find your SIM registered.
Activate the BlackVue SIM card by BlackVue SIM Management page
1. Tap “SIM” to access to SIM Card List.
2. Tap “Add SIM card”.
3. Enter the SIM Card information (14-digit ICCID number) and press Next to proceed.
4. Check the number of free trial days and press Next to proceed. Enter your billing information. Finally, enter your billing information and tap the Try 1-month free button to finish the activation process.
5. Click OK and you will find your SIM registered.
For SIM card-related FAQs, please refer to this link.
BlackVue SIM Management Functionality
SIM Card list
You can easily check your registered SIM card information on the SIM card list
SIM card status
The statuses of the SIM cards are Subscribed, Canceled, and Terminated.
SIM card detail
Click the SIM card you would like to see in detail. Then, a SIM detail page will show up. You can check the ICCID number, SIM card status, and other detailed information.
Manage Subscription Plan
Managing Your Plan: On the BlackVue SIM Card menu, you can easily manage the plan you are subscribed to. As an overview, BlackVue offers 3 different data plans: 1GB, 3GB, and 5GB data plans.
Changes from one SIM card plan to another are reflected on the 1st day of the following month. You will see the changes under "Next Billing on", with the next payment date and the changed plan indicated.
Canceling your Plan: When you cancel your subscription, you still have access to the benefits of your plan until the end of your billing cycle.
Upgrading your Plan: After (or during) your Free Trial, you can upgrade to the plan by navigating to your SIM detail page. If you select the plan you want to upgrade to, the upgrade will take effect from the 1st day of the following month.
Renewing a Plan: We will be automatically renewing your BlackVue SIM Data plan monthly, depending on the billing type you choose. On your BlackVue SIM detail page, you can see your subscription billing cycle.
SIM Termination: When the service period expires, the SIM card will be terminated immediately. Once the SIM card is terminated, data plan re-subscription for that SIM will no longer be possible. You have to contact our Customer Support for another SIM card.
Manage Payment Method
- Re-subscribing to a Plan / Restarting your SIM Card Plan: After your plan expires, you can re-subscribe within 30 days. Your SIM card will be disabled until you renew your data plan. If you want to restart your data plan, please click the ‘Resubscribe’ button on the plan you want to re-subscribe.
- Checking Your Current Plan: You can find an overview of your subscription(s) on the SIM Detail page. You can also see here SIM information (Activation date, Next billing date, etc)
- Viewing Invoices: The billing given by Stripe will open on a new page. Listed are the billing price, number, and purchase date. The billing and receipt are also downloadable.
- Editing your billing details: You can edit your billing details at any moment. Click ‘Change payment method’.
- Refund Policy: You can cancel your subscription at any time, but given the nature of digital products, we cannot refund any amount that you have already paid. You can find more information in our Terms and Conditions.
Manage Data Usage
- Data Metering: Usage information posted on the SIM Card dashboard comes from our carrier partner (Telenor). It is hard to check the data usage live. Information may be transmitted with a delay and may not reflect the real-time data usage and remaining data.
BlackVue SIM Notifications
|Subscription Expired||Raise an event when the system state changes.|
|Only 1 day left: Continue the BlackVue SIM card service||Raise an alert a day before the SIM is terminated.|
|7 days left: Continue the BlackVue SIM card service||Raise an alert 7 days before the SIM is terminated.|
|Data limit reached||Raise an alert when the usage limit is reached.|
|Data usage Warning||Raise an alert when the data usage consumption was 80% used.|
What can I do if I haven’t received an email notification?
When you add your SIM, BlackVue will send you an email to give you SIM card information. If you can’t find the email, these steps can help.
If it isn’t in your inbox, check your folders. if a spam filter or email rule moved the email, it might be in the Spam, Junk, Trash, Deleted Items, or Archive folder.
What can I do if I don’t want to receive email notifications?
We will send email notifications in subscription and data warning cases. If you do not want it, please move it from the spam, or junk folder.