For those experiencing difficulties connecting to the BlackVue Wifi I have created this post.
Do the following:
1. In Settings -> Network & Internet -> Wifi Go to Wi-Fi preferences
2. Turn OFF the option "Switch to mobile data automatically"
3. Go to Settings -> Apps & Notifications
4. Select BlackVue then tap "Permissions"
5. Confirm that Location permission is ON
6. Before starting BlackVue make sure Location services is turned ON
7. Start BlackVue and tap BlackVue Wifi if you get prompted for Wifi, select the dashboard wifi and enter password
8. You may get a notification that the Wifi has no internet, do you want to still use it, Select Yes and do not show message again.
After all this it should work.